7. Get Married in Vancouver!

MarriageUnitedWhile Portland may be heaven for LGBTers and progressives, Vancouver is a step ahead with marriage equality.  Want to get married in Vancouver?  Here is what you do.

Head over to the Clark County marriage license office on Franklin (near downtown Vancouver).  Both applicants must be over 18 years old.  Applicants do not need to be legal residents of the state of Washington, but the license is needed for any weddings performed in Washington.  The fee is $64 and is payable by cash only.  No refunds!

Then, you have to wait three days to have the wedding.  I know that seems like a long time to wait, but we’ve waited this long.  You can make it.  Have lunch at TigerLily while you wait. In the meantime, go explore all the LGBT community of Vancouver has to offer.

PS.  Please don’t pull a Britney or a Garafalo.  We gotta represent.


About coreynorthwest

Buying and selling a home is always a challenge, especially in a changing market. I am here to help make it easier. I have worked with a wide variety of clients on well over 100 transactions. How can I help you in the Portland-Vancouver area?
This entry was posted in community, marriage, vancouver and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s